We will worship together at 10 am first and then party for Game Day. There's not much bigger around here than the start of football season. We, like you, are excited about opening day between the Bears and the Packers. So let's party together!
Here's what we'll bring:
1. The Game: we'll project the game on TVs/screens
2. Picnic Area: tents, chairs, tables, community grill
3. Parking Lot: for tailgating
4. Games for Kids: (because they don't care about football) we'll have inflatable games, crafts, and play areas.
Here's what you'll bring:
1. Tailgating/Cookout: bring everything* you'll need for tailgating or picnic
2. Lawn Chairs: for chilling and watching the game
3. Friends: these things are always better with friends
10 a.m. Worship (because God is bigger than football)
11 a.m. Tailgating and picnic setup
12 p.m. Kickoff
Games for kids will be running from 11 until you go home
GAME DAY TIPS:
· ATTIRE - Wear your favorite sports attire.
· KIDZONE - Fun and games for children including bouncies and DJ. Please keep an eye on your child(ren).
· PICNIC - A tailgate is a picnic only behind your car – bring what you would bring to a picnic (food, chairs, grill, drinks, games, etc.). Other Options at Naperville: sit at the large tent with tables or bring blankets to picnic in the grass.
· COMMUNITY - Buddy up with family, a few friends, or small group. This means only one person in your group needs a tent, others can bring their chairs, and everyone brings different types of food/drink to share. Collaborate and organize beforehand.
· MEETING OTHERS - Are you meeting up with someone or a group of people? You have options: 1) If you both have tents, we can give you a cone to save a spot, 2)Your group can all bring chairs and just be under one person’s tent, 3) you can all gather and meet under the tent or on a blanket.
· PARKING – Tailgating/Non-Tailgating – Even if you are tailgating, but don’t have the main set up like a tent or grill or chairs, please look for the Non-tailgate parking. This doesn’t mean you aren’t tailgating, it just gives more space for others tents. There is a drop-off site for all your goods so you don’t have to travel far with all your stuff.
· SHARE - Bring extra to share with others. There will be a community table (potluck style). We anticipate first time guests & others that come to worship without knowledge, and we want to be a loving and sharing community.
· GRILLING – We encourage you to bring your grill, if you have one. If you can’t bring one, we will have a community grill for you to grill your own items. The church will provide a limited amount of food for guests and those in a pinch.