Naperville Gift Mart Sign Up for Saturday, December 17th
Sign up to volunteer on December 16th for set-up or December 17th for Gift Mart. We will serve over 800 under-resourced students from 5 local schools in the Naperville/Aurora area at Fischer Middle School located at 1305 Long Grove Dr., Aurora, IL 60504. There are opportunities for over 250 volunteers to serve. Please register each person separately and signify if they are an adult or youth.
Click on the title of the position below to get more information such as time, other specifics, and to sign up to serve.
If you are a Sign Up Genius member and forgot your password, retrieve that and then come back to this page. If you have problems signing up, please contact Kim Neace by email or phone at 630.975.0696 or Derek Rogers by email or phone at 815.955.9129
- Administrative Support - inventory donated items, create name tags, other tasks to help coordinators
- Cashiers - take payment, bag toys, and guide families to Gift Wrap. Age 18 & older.
- Check-in/Community Line - welcoming, checking in volunteers/guests, wrist banding. Age 18 & older
- Clean up Crew - help clean up after the mart and bring things back to the garage at Wheatland Salem - Naperville Campus
- Craft Preparation - prepare crafts for Children's Area. Ages 8-12 with a parent and/or 12 & older
- Floor Crowd Control - welcome, guide guests, and monitor entrance. Age 16 & older
- Gift Wrap - wrapping gifts for the guests. Age 14 & up
- Hospitality - hallway host, greet guests, serve food and beverages to volunteers. Age 8-12 with parent and/or 13 & older
- Kids Team - to serve on this team you need a background check or willing to have one done. Please email email@example.com
- Outside Parking Lot - welcome guests and assist with parking. Age 18 & older
- Photography - take pictures Friday night and/or Saturday night of set-up night and Gift Mart event
- Prayer Team - pray for and with guests, volunteers and praying for prayer requests
- Set-up Crew - set up December 16 at Fischer School
- Set up (Toy Shop) - set up December 16 (moving toys from WSC and setting up at Fischer)
- Shepherd - greet children, take to craft area, and welcome back to parents. Age 16 & older. You need a background check. Email Kim Neace
- Toy Collection Team - drop off/pick up boxes to several Toy Collection Sites on a variety of days prior to Gift Mart and/or receive gifts at church Nov 27, Dec 4, 11
- Toy Shop - care for community while they shop, assist parents, restock. Age 12 & older
Click here to donate financially to Gift Mart or to donate items for Gift Mart
Throughout the day, volunteers receive a gift of a different kind. Their hearts are filled with the spirit of Christmas by being touched with all the smiles and joy-filled comments they hear all morning:
“I can’t believe we won a tree, we have never had a Christmas tree. This is the only thing my son asked for this year. I just can’t stop from crying. These are tears of joy.”
"I knew I was getting gifts. I knew about the gift wrap. What I didn't know was the love that I was going to experience while at Gift Mart. Thank you."
“We are thrilled that the school can do extra programming from the money collected from Gift Mart.”
“My children did not want to leave the Children’s area because they were having so much fun.”
“This Gift Mart brought us happiness in a time of hardship this year. Thank you for caring."
"Oh my gosh, this is the toy my daughter asked for and I knew I could never afford it. Now, I can buy it for $2 and the money goes back to her school, too.”